There is no denying milkshakes are delicious and delectable. However, just one medium-sized milkshake can supply upwards of 600 calories!
But with a few simple ingredients and tweaks, whip up the best of both worlds and indulge on a guilt-free healthy milkshake!
Delicious, Healthy Vanilla Milkshake
Yield: 1, 16-ounce milkshake
Calories: 80 cals
NET Carbohydrate: 3 grams
Protein: 3 grams
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stevia packet, or preferred sugar substitute
- Pour one cup of almond milk into ice cube trays and freeze.
- In a blender, add the frozen almond milk ice cubes, the additional one cup of almond milk, and stevia packet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and pour into large glass.
- Top with nonfat whipped cream and cherry as desired.
Not a vanilla fan or just want to ‘shake’ up the flavors? Try adding these ingredients for other healthy milkshake recipes! (Addition of ingredients will alter nutritional values.)
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
Add a ½ cup of frozen strawberries and a tablespoon of cocoa powder. Pour into glass
Banana Cream Pie
Enrich creaminess and potassium by adding frozen banana chunks and blending with the other milkshake ingredients. Pour into glass, top with whipped cream, and garnish with graham crackers.
Swap almond milk with coconut milk and mix in pineapple and banana chunks, topping with shredded coconut.
Swap out ½ cup of almond milk with orange juice, ultimately blending with almond milk ice cubes, ½ cup almond milk, ½ cup orange juice, and the vanilla extract and stevia.
For a mightier milkshake, also serving as a post-workout recovery option, swap almond milk with soymilk or add protein powder for additional protein. You can also also increase fiber content by adding a scoop of flaxseeds or chia seeds.