Did you know the USDA’s 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines endorses the intake of at least two and a half cups of veggies and two cups of fruits on a daily basis? But according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), only one in 10 Americans are eating enough fruits and veggies! Nevertheless, and based on the general guide of “5-A-Day,” this green apple pie smoothie recipe provides 80 percent of your daily needs! So turn off the oven and whip out the blender… Getting in those fruits and veggies has never been better!
Homemade Green Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 banana, frozen and cubed into 1” chunks
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine apple, banana, spinach, almond milk, Greek yogurt, oats, applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Mix until completely smooth and pour into a tall glass. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and serve!
Extra Slices Smoothies of Pie
Don’t just stop at our Homemade Green Apple Pie Smoothie, pie smoothies extend to these other favorites:
Sip on apple’s fall relative: pumpkin! This simple bistroMD recipe blends all of your favorite fall flavors into a delicious pumpkin-inspired protein shake! And with hints of banana, cinnamon, pumpkin (and don’t forget these reasons to obsess over pumpkin), what’s not to fall for?
Lemon Cream Pie
Brought to you by Silk, this sippable lemon cream is your new breakfast dream!
Key Lime Pie
Staying onboard of the citrus bus… Sip your way to the tropics with this key lime pie smoothie recipe!
Blend 1 cup almond milk, ½ cup frozen blueberries, ½ cup Greek yogurt, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Garnish with finely ground graham cracker crumbs and fresh blueberries and voila!